Baltit Fort or Balti Fort is an ancient fort in the Hunza valley in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan. In the past, the survival of the feudal regime of Hunza was ensured by the impressive Baltit fort, which overlooks Karimabad.
Altit Fort is an ancient fort above Karimabad in the Hunza valley in Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan. It was originally home to the hereditary rulers of the Hunza state who carried the title Mir. Shikari tower is around 900 years old which makes it the oldest monument in the Gilgit Baltistan.
Skardu Fort means The king of Forts is a fort in Skardu city in Gilgit-Baltistan of the Kashmir region that dates from the 16th century CE. An ancient mosque is also present inside the fort.
Built upon a huge boulder, Shigar Fort - Palace is locally nown as Fong Khar - literally the Palace on the Rock. Sited on the right bank of a mountain stream, slightly elevated above the nearest hamlets of Shigar, at the foot of a steep rock formation, a hundred or so meters high, on top of which lie ruins of the original Fort.Raja Hassan Khan, the twentieth ruler of the Amacha dynasty, scended the throne in 1634 but lost his kingdom to other invaders. He managed to regain the throne with the help of the forces of the Moghul emperor Shah Jehan. The Raja brought various artisans including shawl weavers, carpenters, goldsmiths and stone carvers from Kashmir to Shigar and proceeded to build the palace-fort. Fong Khar was gradually abandoned in the 1950 in favour of more recent annexes, built in its immediate vicinity.
Khaplu Palace was built in 1840 by the Yabgo Raja Daulat Ali Khan of Khaplu after the Dogra of Kashmir who captured the region decided to move the seat of government from the old fort. The site of the palace was chosen by rolling a large stone down from a nearby cliff; it stopped at the Doqsai village, and the palace was built there. The earlier fort was located near the location of the present-day palace. Khaplu Palace replaced the former fort as the royal residence after its completion. According to Jane E. Duncan, the people of Khaplu used to live inside this fort and were not allowed to build their homes outside its premises. This practice was changed after Maharaja of Kashmir took control of the area, resulting in a cessation of conflict among neighbouring rulers. The former fort was captured by Murad Khan of Maqpon Dynasty, the ruler of Baltistan, in the Conquest of Khaplu in the 1590s by cutting off the water and other supplies to the fort. The troops of Murad besieged the fort for three months, resulting in the surrender of Rahim Khan, the 62nd Yabgo dynasty ruler of Khaplu. The fort again fell to invaders in 1660s and 1674. The Yabgo descendants continued to live there even after their kingdom was abolished in 1972. The last Raja of Khaplu who lived in the house was Raja Fatah Ali Khan, who died in 1983.
Gupis Fort Like other valleys of Gilgit-Baltistan, Gupis is also famous for spectacular natural beauty. Gupis Fort is located at Gupis Droute. No further details could be obtained on subject matter. Kalam Darchi Fort (KD Fort) Kalam Darchi Fort (KD Fort). KD fort reminds the colonial architecture of the region. This fort was named after a naked saint and was built by British soldier during 1932-33 to check the invasion and inflow of people from China and USSR through Wahkan corridor. It remained the abode of Gilgit Scouts.
© Copy rights Gilgit Baltistan Scouts
Powered By IT BRANCH and Updated By MUSA ALI